Moraba-ye Kadoo Halvaie - Pumpkin Jam
Yields: approximately 5 cups
2 1/2 pounds pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cubed
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons lime juice
3-4 cardamom pods
2 tablespoons rosewater
- In a small, heavy-bottomed pan, combine the sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat until the sugar has completely dissolved in water, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes or until the syrup slightly thickens. Set aside.
- Put the pumpkin cubes into a large pot, pour the syrup over it and add the lime juice and cardamom.
- Bring to a boil for 5-7 minutes on medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, placing the lid slightly open (ajar). Cook for an hour or until they are very soft, gently stirring occasionally.
- Add the rosewater in the last 10-15 minutes. You may want to remove the cardamom pods from the jam after cooking.
- Scoop the jam into clean and dry jars and store the jam in a cool dark place or refrigerate.